Makes ~500mL (4 heads) of pickled garlic.
- 4 heads of garlic
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp chile flakes
- Keep the heads of garlic intact, but remove the exterior skin as much as possible
- Place garlic heads in a 500mL mason jar, and fill with 1 cup of white vinegar
- Place a small stone or other weight on the top of the jar to keep the garlic submerged
- Let sit for about one month, checking periodically.
~ some time later… ~
- Drain the vinegar from the garlic. It may be kept for use in salad dressings.
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, and chile flakes to make a brine and pour over garlic
- Store, loosely covered, in a cool dark place for 5-6 months.
- They may be used as needed after about of month.
- After 5-6 months they may be kept refridegerated and covered