Makes ~3 pizzas worth of dough.
- 6+ cups of flour
- 2 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp rapid-rise yeast
- Sieve 4 cups of flour into a large bowl
- Add in salt and rapid-rise yeast, mixing well.
- Add together the hot water and oil then mix into flour mixture.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead, adding the rest of the flour gradually
- Note: you may need more or less flour depending on the the wetness of the dough. Go slowly.
- Wipe the large bowl with a bit of oil and place the kneaded dough into it, covering with saran wrap and a towel in a warm spot for at least 30 minutes.
- Punch down dough and divide into 3 pieces.
- Shape each piece by kneading gently
- Note: at this point, you may cover the extra pieces and plastic and freeze for later, although I prefer to do the first bake and freeze that instead.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Roll-out the dough on a floured-service to cover the pan
- Place dough over sheet and poke liberally with a fork
- Bake for about 10 minutes
- To save for later I let these cool then stored wrapped in a plastic bag in the freezer
- Top as desired and bake for another 15 minutes or so