Makes one 10" torte
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 16 prune plums, or 6 large plums
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For a vegan variation substitute the eggs for 2 mashed bananas (or flax egg), and the butter with 1/2 cup vegan margarine.
Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Cream butter and sugar
- Stir together flour and baking powder, adding into the creamed butter and sugar
- Lightly beat the eggs, then add to batter.
- Pour batter into a 10" springform pan
- Halve the plums and toss with lemon juice
- Place the plum halves on top of batter
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon, sprinkling over pan
- Bake for 60 minutes.
Note: once cool, this can be wrapped in plastic and frozen for later.