- 1.5kg small potatoes
- fresh rosemary
- 1L mason jar
- Rinse and cut the potatoes into halves or quarters. The chunks should be fairly small (around 1/2"-1")
- Peel and halve the garlic cloves
- Layer the garlic, rosemary, and potatoes into the mason jar. Start with the garlic and rosemary then alternate with layers of potatoes. The last layer should be potatoes.
- Make a strong salt brine, ~4% salt by weight and fill the mason jar.
- Let ferment 4-7 days
Extra ingredients: olive oil (~2 tbsp), rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Drain potatoes and remove garlic and rosemary (no longer needed). Pat dry.
- Mince garlic and rosemary
- Mix everything together and spread onto roasting pan.
- Roast, about 45 minutes.